Saturday, February 24, 2007

Annoucing the Pack

WE HAVE A ROCKET MAN PACK!!!!

Props to Miguel. He bid on eBay for a brand new Rocket Man backpack beverage dispenser that holds 2.5 gallons for both hot and cold beverages. And he won the bid!!!!! A round of applause for Mike. This is a huge blessing for all of us and it is exciting since we have talked about this now for several months (HERE, HERE, and HERE specifically). The bottom line is that this pack will assist us in caring for the homeless.

This is simple news, but I am elated and hopeful of seeing our feet and hearts move to spend more time with the homeless and to seeing relationships built, hot chocolate drank, and lives changed. Does this excite you too?

The Money Part: The backpack dispenser costed $168.00 total including shipping, so let's see if some of us can pitch in to Mike where we are able to. I do have some funds from two people so far that donated to this already (up to $83), but let's reimburse Mike a bit more for this so that we can all take ownership of the pack, okay. And if we have any funds left over after donations, we can use that to buy powder and supplies and more socks. Hopefully Mike will be around tomorrow night for Socks & Gloves, so if he is and you are down to donate a bit, go for it. I am glad to take checks or cash too and I'll make sure to get him the funds. I don't think the pack will have shipped yet by tomorrow, but it will make an appearance in March for sure.

A note on Donations: As far as other donations, we will always be collecting socks, gloves, beanies, soap, cash, deodarant, granola bars, hot chocolate and lemonade packets, etc.... In fact, we do have an imminent need for more socks and underwear in particular as our large stash has been nearly used up. We do now have capabilities of giving out tax receipts for any giving you do too thanks to a local church (just mention that you would like one and we'll take care of that with ease... write-offs are great).

Pics of the pack below. Great work, Mike. And way to save us money by buying on eBay.


2 comments:

House of Grace said...

AWESOME! I can't wait till we get to use it next month! I just picked up a large stash of hot chocolate that should get us through the remaining cold months. I'll make some for tonight, and can do it again next month if needed. :)

Ryan said...

Someone sent me a check for $50 today and another person handed Ann $20 on Sunday. I believe another $70 on top of that came in. And then before that there was $80. So this means we have completely purchased the Rocket Pack in a very communal way. And as said before, any money left over both now and in coming days and weeks will go toward Rocket Pack supplies and additional socks, soap, etc... Thank you to everyone who contributed to this Rocket Pack. Thank you so much!!!

And if you ever want to use it for altrustic purposes, let us know because we are happy to share the love and to bless the homeless especially. I can't wait to see this thing in action too!!!!